Dr Ritoo Chhabra
Dr Chhabra has 30 years experience working in primary care, and has spent the last decade working in the emerging field of functional and integrative medicine. She has fellowships with leading associations and has trained under functional medicine thought leaders.
Dr Chhabra has trained with Dr Hertoghe, a world-renowned expert in hormone and anti-aging medicine, and is currently undertaking training with Dr Shoemaker, a world authority on CIRS / biotoxin (including mould) illness.
Throughout her career, Dr Chhabra has focused on holistic care integrating the best of conventional and functional medicine to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Graduate Diploma Child Health
- Graduate Diploma Acupuncture
- Family Medicine Training with RACGP
- Fellowship in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine with American Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (FAAARM)
- Training Program with Australasian Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (A5M)
- Training Program with Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Training Program in Nutritional Medicine with Dr Melvyn Sydney-Smith
- Training Program in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy with Dr Thierry Hertoghe
- Training Program in CIRS / Biotoxin (including mould) Illness Management with Dr Shoemaker
- Usage of Bredesen Protocol for Cognitive Decline
- MICROBA-informed Practitioner (Advanced Gut Health Testing)
- SmartDNA-informed Practitioner (Genomic Testing)
Australasian Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (A5M)
American Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M)
- Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM)
During the first consultation a detailed history is taken, which informs appropriate testing. The following list is non-exhaustive:
- MICROBA - Gut health testing using world-leading advanced sequencing technology. Kits can be ordered online on Microba.com.
- SIBO - breath testing for methane and hydrogen
- Food sensitivity testing via US BIOTEK lab
- Organic acid testing (OAT) via Research Nutrition
- Toxic metal analysis via Doctors Data Lab
- Heavy metal toxicity testing by Quicksilver Scientific Lab
- DUTCH Complete Testing for Hormones and Metabolites via Research Nutrition
- Saliva Hormone Testing via Nutripath
- Genomic wellness profile via SmartDNA Lab
- CIRS / Biotoxin Illness Markers via Nutripath
- Advanced cardiovascular disease risk profile including LDL particle number and oxidised LDL and LDL subfractions via Nutripath
Products and Supplements:
We stock quality practitioner-only products from a range of nutritional companies, available at affordable prices.
Some of the brands include:
- Pure Encapsulations
- Research Nutritionals
- Quicksilver Scientific Product Range for Detoxification
- Coming soon: Prolon-Fasting Mimicking Diet